FCE Wing Unions
Wing unions have been used in the oilfield services for almost a century. They have built a worldwide reputation with generation to generation of field operators.
The applied technologies of wing unions have proven their high level of efficiency in extremely severe flow conditions such as very high pressure & flowrates, high & low temperatures, multiphase flow, erosive and corrosive agents, vibration in pumping piping systems, etc.
Wing unions are also often referred to as hammer unions or hammer lug unions dependent upon the customer or manufacturer. Whatever name is used, they are the most common quick connection method for joining piping components together in a temporary system.
FCE is one of the most reputed manufacturers of Wing unions approved by the major worldwide service companies. FCE products for oilfield services focus on Sour Gas service and most severe applications. In addition, FCE has developed Wing unions for various industrial market applications including gas bottling plants, pipeline maintenance services & loading systems in LACT units. FCE is also European leader in railcar couplings utilising specially modified wing unions.
Wing unions are one of the most common “quick connection” methods used in the oilfield for joining together components in a temporary pipe work system. They also have expanding applications in fixed installations and also for industrial purposes.
- Design Pressure up to 20000 PSI
- Material: A350 LF2 or AISI 4130. SST on request
- Design Temperature: -46°C / +177°C
- Standard Service or H2S Service as per NACE MR01-75
– LPT/NPT Threaded Ends
– Butt Welded Ends (Sch. 40, Sch. 80 & Sch. XXS/XXH)
Sealing material, depending on the fluid handled:
Avoid the DANGER for interconnecting 2 “Fig 602 and Fig 1002 with 2” Fig 1502.
Positively identify figure numbers and pressure ratings before connecting together 2 union halves.
- Never strike, tighten, loosen or attempt repairs on pressurized components or connections.
- Always apply essential care, handling and inspection to threaded components before, during and after make-up.
- Never use severely worn, eroded or corroded components.
- Never strike wing unions nuts having severely flattened and extruded ears.
- Always use a bronze hammer in order to avoid sparkling while striking onto a wing union nut.
Plugs & Test Plugs
Ported and non-ported male and female plugs are available in all sizes and figures. Ported plugs are used for different purposes (pressure testing, end of line drainage or venting) and are generally tapped to 1/2” NPT but can be threaded to client requirement (Autoclave® Type). Pressure Test can be performed in option.
Grooved nuts are generally used in industrial applications where assembly operation is more popularly done by the use of wrench rather than hammer.
Grooved nuts provide many advantages such as:
- Fast tightening
- Zero vibration, shock and deforming while tightening
- Limited overall dimension for installation and storage
FCE offers grooved nuts for figure 602 in 2 “and 3” as well as suitable “Key Fore” wrenches.
Drilled Holes Nuts
FCE also offers forged nuts with drilled holes for Figures 206 and 602 in 2″, 3″ and 4″ diameters.
With suitable wrench: “Wecorail” model for railcar loading or “Single pin” model for oilfield rigging-up operations.
Need help to inspect your thread wear? This wear-check trolley will help you.
This kit allows you to easily identify your material.
You can combine as many figure and diameter as desired.